Sunday 13 February 2011

Weather Here, wish you were lovely



Rain Rain Rain, despite a quick ride to Ozwaldtwisle on Thursday, I missed out on the fair weather Friday morning brought.


The usual MANCHESTER rainfall started on Friday afternoon, and hasn't really stopped


I took a drive (in the old transit) to Chorley Yamaha ,to sit on a FJR1300 tourer. Just to see if they fit my ample proportions.


Nice bike.


FJR or a scooter ?

Looks small "under" me, but it's a nice fit really. Might have to book a test ride..... or two.


www.advrider.com discovered through a twitter follower, is a great forum based site if you want direct advise, contacts and invitations whilst riding in the world.

A few threads within the 'Regions' of the USA, and I have invites for beer, food, riders coming along for a few miles, hotels, chicken dinners, B&B, more beers. and some 'unmissable roads'.


Within 36 hours, I have received 46 messages (all positive), 600+ views, and did I mention invitations for beer.

Threads: Brit Passing through & Road2Manchester


Valentines Day tomorrow. Feb 14th I might, just might be getting confirmation of start dates.


NB: Some mentions on the advrider site have warned of snow, ice and cold weather in the North Eastern states in March...... winter draws on then.

My GS ready for an outing.
Later dudes.........




No comments: